Here are some great storage tips for you as it is very easy to forget when in a rush.
Make use of the specialist packaging materials at Storco’s Self Storage facility…boxes, bubble wrap, tape etc.
If the original boxes are not available for your more valuable Items such as electrical items talk to Glynn or Linda about speciality boxes for electronic items.
• For storing or hanging your clothes, special Porta Robe Boxes are available from our office.
• Place those items that you need to access often in the front of the unit.
• Stack your goods & items at least 50mm off the ground for better ventilation.
• Label every box so that you can find what you need later.
• Do not use newsprint to pack anything as the item can be stained by the ink.
• Do not store food items that are not canned or bottled.
• Clothing and breakable goods should be packed in strong secure cartons.
• Place the least used items to the bottom and rear of the storage unit.
• Wipe metal things like tools with a few drops of oil before storing to prevent rust forming and keep these items separate.
• Empty petrol from mowers, or anything carrying fuel, etc.
• Drain any item that contains water - fridges, washing machines, portable air conditioners and eskys.
• Store fridges and freezers with doors ajar.
• Stack chairs seat to seat with paper or covers separating them.
• Placing a deodorizer inside fridges or freezers is also a good idea to maintain freshness.
• Removal of the batteries is essential to ensure toys and equipment are not damaged in the unfortunate event of battery leakage.
• Ensure all electronic equipment is dry before storing.
• Leave a small space around the perimeter of your storage unit to aid circulation.
• Wrap all breakable items separately in packing paper and store in box labelled ‘FRAGILE’.
• Protect fragile items by wrapping them individually.
• Use mothballs to protect material items and clothing.
What you cannot store in your unit
You should not store any goods that are hazardous…flammable products such as Gas, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.
Fuels, Oils and toxic chemicals are prohibited…same as illegal, stolen, inflammable, explosive, environmentally, harmful goods.
Do not store any perishable goods or foodstuffs.